Welcome to The Real Life!
This blog project has been brewing for some time. I have dabbled in blogs before, but they never stuck. Why? Because I wasn’t being my authentic self. I was subscribing to the blog-o-sphere’s obsession with apparent perfectionism (emphasis on apparent). I was trying to do all, be all, conquer all—essentially be something that I was not. And in the end, I was benefitting no one, least of all myself.
Writing is my natural state, and it cannot be of benefit to me or potential readers unless it is genuine and comes from a true place of personal integrity. Since I’m on a journey of further self-discovery and retaining my vulnerability, I have a newfound (and steadfast) commitment to blogging about:
1.) life, yes, as so many lifestyle bloggers do, but also about
2.) real-life issues, showing the not-quite-perfect side of things and taking a holistic approach to sharing my life with you.
Here you’ll follow my adventures in:
- cooking real food
- exploring new places
- incorporating more inspiring style into my surroundings
- expanding my health and fitness journey (mental, physical, spiritual, financial)
- reflecting upon growth in relationships, both with others and self
- enjoying the beauty of the small (and big!) things all around us
- contemplating the beauty of imperfection
- encountering all the real-life fun in between!